Lost Dignity Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BEST SITCOM ON TV!!!

Go down

BEST SITCOM ON TV!!! Empty BEST SITCOM ON TV!!!

Post  tinalovedvd Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:55 pm

OK, I originally stated here that the American version is much better than its British counterpart. It's not, but it's still very good. I might even say that it is as good as the British version but also very different.Anyway, just watch the show! American non-cable prime time does not get better than this.
I watch my share of movies and tv shows but don't find any of them good enough 24 hours season dvd to own and watch over and over again. This was the exception!!! The Office is such a brilliantly written and acted out show. The characters are halarious and complex. The plot is halarious. It mixes dry sarcastic humor with witty dialog. It creates an everyday scene and makes those everyday experiences larger than life. I love the show. A great purchase. And Pam and Jim's love connection also adds another side to the show which Monk boxset 1-8 season is totally entertaining.There isn't a whole lot of episodes in this season, but it starts you off on the show which is good. And even their starting episodes are a crack up.
I haven't enjoyed a comedy since Seinfield and Friends left the air. I've tuned in to a couple but they were either too silly and unrealistic or just the same ol' thing you can find elsewhere.Also, it is rare to find a comedy (or even a show for that matter) Seinfeld episode dvd that my wife and I both actually enjoy. Again, this hasn't happened since Friends and Seinfield left us.However, this show caught our attention the first time we watched it. We laughed at this show not only because of the humor but because it reminded us so much (too much?) of our daily experiences at our own offices and past experiences. After all, haven't we all had to work for a Michael Scott or had a Dwight Schrute as a co-worker? Haven't we all been forced to attend mindless and misguided meetings?Not only was the show funny, but the characters are fantastic!! They are fantastic because every single character reminds us Heroes seasons dvd 1-4 of somebody. My wife and I will often say, "Oh, such-a-such a person is just like [blank]." Oh, it's great!!! Now, I've gone on to watch seasons two and three so these six episodes are nothing more than an introduction to the characters. In the seasons to come we come to understand them and even come to love them in their own way (yes, even Michael, Dwight, and Angela). Season one was little more than an introduction to these characters.The most colorful is Michael Scott, played by Steve Carell. I don't know if he was a house-hold name before this show but this show seems to have vaulted him into the public eye as he has done Bruce Almighty, Evan Almighty, and some other movies coming up Nip Tuck set season (like Dan in Real Life and Get Smart). Michael Scott is an interesting person. He is a terrible boss under the delusion that he is the world's greatest boss. Nothing shows this better than the cup on his desk that says, "World's Best Boss." Not only does he show you this boss but that he points out that he bought the cup The Mentalist complete set himself.The other fun character is Dwight Schrute, masterfully played by Rainn Wilson (who has also gone on to do a few movies). Dwight is the coworker that nobody wants to work with. He is stubborn, obnoxious, and just plain weird. He doesn't hide the fact that he loves his job but hates everybody there. The classic line from him is, "Downsizing? Star Trek The Original boxset complete Oh, I'm all for downsizing. In fact, I brought it up in my interview when I was hired."There is a bit of a love triangle formed as well. It doesn't take long to realize that the lovable Jim Halpert (John Krasinksi) has a crush on just-as-lovable Pam (Jenna Fischer) who obviously would be the world's most perfect couple except for one thing... Pam is engaged to Roy (David Denman). But some hints are dropped by Pam that things may not be the best between Pam and Roy because they've been engaged for six years.Jim is also a fantastic character. He is the office practical joker who takes most of his antics on Dwight. Some of the best moments are not only Jim's jokes but Dwight's reactions to them.Those are probably the four most important characters but all of them are great. You have self-righteous Angela, Ryan the temp, perverted Kevin, office-slut and alcoholic Meredith, talkative and cheerleader Kelly, stickler for the rules Toby, and matronly Phyllis. Just looking over those descriptions, can't you relate each character to somebody you know?This is a show I hope stays on for a long time. It is so much fun to watch over 30 Rock 1-4 dvd seasons and over again. We're most definitely keeping this DVD disk set in our home for years to come.
I started watching The Office Everybody Loves Raymond seasons 1-9 cheap late in the second season. Watching the BBC version and watching the first season on NBC are required viewing for any new fan. The extras are great! I loved the BBC version -- the American version is different, yet awesome in its own way. Yes, you have room in your heart to love both!
THE OFFICE never disappoints. It is consistently funny and even insightful. There is a "character" from THE OFFICE in everyone's place of employment.
I didn't think I'd like The Six Feet Under 1-5 seasons series Office, but my brother convinced me to watch it. Well, I got hooked. I worked in Burn Notice season series 1-3 some strange places in my time and even had one rare and unusual boss, but I don't think I would survive at Dunder-Mifflin.
Doesn't really require a huge explanation. If you've ever worked anywhere this show will hit home. Absolutely hilarious.
If I could give this more stars, I would. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am with this purchase. Whether you are already a fan of the Office, or you've only heard buy Oz dvd of it... BUY IT!!! You won't be disappointed. Since I've bought this, all of my family and friends have watched it and become "office addicts" as well. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, I haven't met even one person that hasn't. The only difficult part is waiting for season 2.
This is an "Americanized" version of a very funny and successful BBC comedy of the same name. It was with some reservations that I watched Desperate Housewives complete seasons this show since US copies of British shows seem to rarely work out very well. This is an exception. It basically follows the same premise as the BBC version and has many characters that are very similar to the ones in the original. However the similarity ends there. Each of the actors brings there own interpretation to their character and makes it unique and quite funny. Quite honestly, I had never heard of any of these talented actors until seeing this show. But they are proving themselves to be very capable by making this a hilarious show. Each story Seinfeld collection box set typically revolves around the boss, Michael Scott and his lame attempts to interact with the people around him. He has a much higher opinion of himself than anyone else does. The ensemble cast seems to Castle 1-2 set complete have equal portions of screen time and no single Star Trek Deep Space Nine series complete 1-7 character dominates the show. If you have ever worked in an office environment, you will probably recognize some of these individuals. A very funny show, well worth watching.
i. love. this. show. some people "dont get it" but i def do and watch every week. i dont even have a favorite character, they are all so great. kevin is creepy but funny and angela in her own way cracks me up. i do have a question though. one of the keywords for the show is "closeted homosexual". which character are they referring to???
Love the Office! Great t.v. series. Steve Carell is the great new comedian and brings so much humor and life to this show. I would highly recommend it if you want a good laugh.
This is a great show though I think the Desperate Housewives 1-6 set seasons second season was better. Season 1 is great if you missed it...here is your chance to catch up.....plus it includes some great deleted scenes.
This show is probably the funniest new show Criminal Minds 1-5dvd series I've seen in a very long time. The basic idea is that it's a "documentary" focusing on the Scranton office of Dunder-Mifflin Inc., a paper company. It revolves around the manager, Michael Scott (played by Steve Carell), and his ignorant insensitivities.There are so many different ways this show Desperate Housewives dvd complete series is funny. Actually, I don't find Steve Carell as the funniest part of this Star Trek Voyager box set show. The supporting cast is excellent and some of the funniest moments come from the receptionist Pam and salesman Jim conspiring against the absolutely hysterical Dwight Schrute.The first season provides a good solid base for the second season by introducing the characters and providing its own funny moments.Also the cast members uncredited in the opening do a great job. They may be relegated to work as extras w/ few lines, but their responses to Michael's lame jokes and misguided efforts cracked me up just as much as any of the main cast did. The humor tends to lean a little to the dry side sometimes, but if you can appreciate Arrested Development then The Office shouldn't be too difficult at all.The show isn't only about the comedy of the characters. It also adds depth by showing some of the nuances of Jim and Pam's relationship. And a deeper sense of what Michael's all about (which become more fleshed out in season 2).My only possible qualm with the first season would be that it tends to rely heavily on racist humor (and stereotypes) and might offend some, but if you don't take yourself too seriously it can still be genuinely funny due to the clever use of certain situations. Don't want to ruin it for you. This is well worth the price.
This Season is hilarious!! The deleted scence are just as funny, sometimes even funnier, than the ones they left in. Totally worth it!
I got on The Office bandwagon a little late in the season, so I never got to see al the episodes. Regardless, I was hooked from the first episode I Californication set saw. I laugh out loud each week & love this show. The Season 1 DVD set is great. I'm thiking about getting the UK version to compare & hopefully laugh more. cheap CSI:Miami seasons If you like Steve Carrell, you are gonna love Married with Children collection boxset 1-11 this DVD> I was not a huge fan of 40 Year Old Virgin, but it was funny. This DVD is a little different, I think it's funnier. I am a Seinfeld fan, and am beginning to think I finaly found something worth watching.
With a style vastly different than any other show on television today, "The Office" is set as a fake documentary in your basic office setting. Anyone who has every worked a job in their life can relate to this Married with Children 1-11 complete season show. All areas are included from the office romance to the annoying pranks. Steve Ghost Whisperer 1-5 dvd season Carell is the great new rising comedy actor of the decade and plays the perfect boss who knows so little about his job and his staff. His start in movies slowly gave him attention but is now quickly getting more with his perfect timing and classic facial expressions.The style of the show, "borrowed" from the original BBC version, has a completely different pace from other shows banking on frequent awkward pauses and confused looks. This show is by far the greatest sitcom to hit TV in many, many years. Anyone who has yet to investigate The Office should do so, and may find a new favorite television comedy.
The funniest dry Breaking Bad 1-3 series complete humor on TV. The season just doesn't have enough episodes! But who are we kidding, I could watch these episodes again and again. My favorite- "The Alliance". ENJOY!!
The Office is by far the best show on TV. The first season is hilarious and each episode just gets funnier. I can't wait for the season 2 DVD.
Michael, Pam, Jim, Dwight... even Oscar. The sheer brilliance behind this television comedy is mind blowing. It is so funny season 1-3 Breaking Bad on dvd that my husband and I usually watch it on Thursday nights, and then first thing Friday morning too... some of the "officisms" have become our most treasured inside jokes. "Don't send Dwight" (whenever my husband is hurt or stuck or pretty much whenever) "Dunder Mifflin, this is Pam" (everytime the phone rings) I could go on... This season is only one disc, I believe it is 6 episodes. We got it a few weeks ago and we are spacing it out so that we are able to enjoy it. We have watched the first two episodes so far and this team of actors could not work any better together. We had a hard time finding season one at Target, so we came here to order it, and we will be first in line for the second season. For those of The Closer dvd collection you (all of us) who have ever had a boss that you hated~ you have to watch this. Michael and his employees take the Six Feet Under collection 1-5 boxset edge off of a bad day, and put your own work situation into a humorous light. If you don't see a little bit of every Gilmore Girls season collection 1-7 bad boss you EVER had in Michael Scott, then they must not have been that bad... You will not regret buying this dvd... have fun! Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles 1-2 boxset dvd

tinalovedvd

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum