Lost Dignity Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zumba Fitness Works A Lot

Go down

Zumba Fitness Works A Lot Empty Zumba Fitness Works A Lot

Post  kellylife Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:27 pm

I review video games for a living. It's a great gig that lets me work from home, but I tell you this so you understand that I am essentially on my butt for massive chunks of time, and it doesn't lead to a girlish figure. Combine that with an aversion to the extreme hot and humid outdoor weather here in Florida, and you have a recipe for flab. As a young woman, twenty-five years old and six feet tall, I should be in my prime. Instead, I am decidedly... not. I'm not obese, but I'm nowhere near the amazon figure someone of my age and height should/could have.

I was only vaguely aware of Zumba as "that bossy chick on that Show". I'd never watched the Biggest Loser before, but I'd heard so many things about how harsh she supposedly was I already had an opinion of her. Recently they started airing Biggest Loser reruns in the morning while I have my coffee, and I was actually surprised at how much I liked Jillian; she's intense, sure, but she definitely seems to know what she's talking about and care about the results people get. Finally I decided to pick up No More Trouble Zones from Netflix, and holy cow, am I glad I ever did. After just a week, I decided I HAD to have my own Zumba DVD, and picked it up from internet.

This Zumba DVD, along with 30 Day Shred and Boost Metabolism, is hard. But after every workout I feel AMAZING. Yes, I'm exhausted, sweaty, and my muscles are aching and trembling, but I feel energized and sharper mentally. I exercise five days a week, alternating workout videos, and take the weekends "off", during which I find I now have more energy to do everything from working in the garden to running around theme parks. I'm actually sleeping better too.

I'm not saying this show is going to change your life, because obviously no one thing works for everyone, but for me, this is apparently what I was looking for. It's intense, it's high energy, and it's incredibly motivating. I don't find I have to force myself to work out each day; I actually enjoy it, even if I do want to collapse when it's over.

In one year I lost sixty pounds on my own doing basic "dieting" (IE, eating healthier), but I felt I had stalled out. This Zumba DVD
series has given me the boost I need, and I highly recommend anyone who feels stuck in their weight loss at the very least check it out.

Zumba DVD
Zumba Fitness DVD
Scrubs DVD 1-9

The L Word DVD 1-6
Scrubs DVD 1-9
Weeds DVD 1-5
Desperate Housewives DVD 1-5
Walt Disney DVD 164 Discs
House MD DVD 1-6
Cold Case DVD 1-7
The Sopranos DVD 1-6
Lost DVD 1-5