Lost Dignity Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Office

Go down

The Office Empty The Office

Post  tinalovedvd Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:56 pm

One of the funniest shows on television. It's one of those shows you Ghost Whisperer series set 1-5 can watch again and again like a movie. I can't wait until season two comes out on DVD!
This show is Burn Notice 1-3 series complete wonderful. It does not work as well as the UK version when it comes to the "Mockumentary" aspect- it works better as Skins complete season 1-4 a sit-com with cinema verite technique used.... BUT this DVD is probably a rip-off. You KNOW a complete DVD det will be released within a year or two. If you love the show, rent this DVD and wait for the complete to come out!
People will argue which version of The Office is better, some will side with the UK version and some will CSI:NY collection boxset 1-6 side with the US version. If you were smart, you'd equally enjoy both of them. The dvd itself may be a bit expensive for only 6 episodes but the deleted scenes equal up to almost an hours worth of footage. Each of these episodes are cut at around 30-34 minutes, but when they air on nbc only 21 minutes can be shown. So these deleted scenes Breaking Bad box set seasons are just basic "extra" scenes... they're actually as funny as the regular show... so it's a great bonus. You really need to get this dvd, because you'll be playing it over and over again.
I have watched this DVD over and over. I still laugh out loud. I love this show!
With just six episodes in the unflappable first season of The Office the DVD leaves more to be desired. Ghost Whisperer boxset collection 1-5 Thankfully, Amazon had a cheaper price than any department store I sought, and quick delivery as well. An enjoyable purchase for any Office series lover.
This is sure a nice fix while the Olympics are on. It's also nice to see the episodes missed before The Office was must see tv for my wife and I.Fun bonus material with commentary on various episodes by the cast and directors- the highlight being Dwight/ Rainn who is a riot during these with his sometimes subtle (and not so subtle) sarcastic comments.
While I have yet to see the Castle season dvd original version of the Office (which everyone seems to claim is superior), I had heard an awful lot of good things about it. So when I saw that NBC was bringing an American version of The Office to their network as a midseason replacement (Hence the only 6 episodes), I was worried that we'd have another Coupling on our hands. The U.S. has never been very good with adaptions of British shows. And while I had found Steve Carell funny in the few minor roles I had seen him in, I feared that he would just be too wacky. I was terribly mistaken. The first episode I saw was a slightly shortened version of episode 2, Diversity Weeds season 1-5 box set day. NBC had set up a Myspace account where you could sneak a peek at the episode. I found it hysterical. The humor was uncomfortable but at the same time incredibly funny. It was definately different. I loved the lack of a laugh-track and the documentary style of the show. (I'm also a big Arrested Development fan). Rome series 1-2 collection Then I saw the season premiere. Something was definately lacking. Apparently the American pilot is just a rehashed version of the British pilot. Still, there were some very funny moments. Most fans agree however, that after the pilot is when the show began to blossom. This set, contains the 6 episodes that comprise Season 1 as well as Entourage 1-6 seasons complete a great deal of deleted scenes (almost all of which are incredibly hilarious) as well as audio commentary on selected episodes. While it may seem like a large amount of money to pay for for so few episodes, the bonus features more then make up for it and it's not as though you are being charged the price of a dvd box set. Season 2 is when the show really begins to shine as well as the cast. Supporting characters, whose British counterparts played very minor roles are given a chance to develop greatly and you really come to know these people. Ultimately, after Arrested Development, this is my favorite live action television comedy and this dvd is definately worth a rental if not a buy.
This is a great show, Steve Carell is a genious, and i can't wait for season two to come out on DVD!
Six of the first episodes of The Office, plus deleted scenes...great price...couldn't ask for more!
I really enjoyed each of the six episodes. As I watched them, I found each episode to The Simpsons dvd tv series be funnier than the last.
I love the office, me and my husband are literally on the ground laughing during each buy Sex and the City online episode. I highly recommend this DVD if you love dry, awkward humor, Steve Carrell is so funny!
This DVD has a total of 6 shows. 1 of the shows is the pilot episode.I started watching this show during Season 2. It is a must to go and watch Season 1 to learn how the characters come about.This DVD is hilarious and is a must for any fan.
If you have ever worked in a poorly managed office Ghost Whisperer 1-5 seasons dvd you must see this!!! I laughed so hard at times it was painful.
I How I Met Your Mother season 1-5 love this show so I had to purchase the DVD. I just thought it was a bit pricey since there are only 6 episodes on this DVD. This is a must though for all Office fans.
The Season 1 DVD is filled with deleted scenes and episode commentaries. Unfortunately, there were only 6 episdoes in the first season, but a great watch for any Office fan. Charmed boxset seasons Fun to watch over and over again.
This is the best money I have ever spent. I can't wait for Season 2 to come out on DVD.
In a way, I'm coming into the American version of the Office the best way: by having not seen a single episode of the British version. A lot of people prefer the original and many cringed The King of Queens dvd on sale when this version was announced but me, as usual completely unbeknownest and missing the buzz, never watched either. But I have the lucky position of walking into this fresh and as it stands, I end up watching one of the more funnier shows on TV. Shot documentary-style, the show centers on the office workers of Dunder-Mifflin, a company that sells paper. The boss is Michael Scott, a well-meaning but seriously off man who wholeheartedly believes a terrible joke will get a huge laugh. His assistant is Dwight Everybody Loves Raymond 1-9 seasons series Shrute, a deadpan nerd who is just unaware of, practically everything and nothing at the same time almost. But the main fixtures tend to be Jim the salesman and Pam Fringe complete box set 1-2 the receptionist.One of the most successful parts about The West Wing complete 1-7 dvd this show is that each character adds something to the whole rather than just 2 to 3 great parts and everybody else is just kind of meh. Even characters who don't get a lot of leg room such as deadpan creepiness Kevin or the relatable real-world persona of Oscar. While this isn't a knock to the actor, but I rarely will laugh at Dwight since sometimes it's not really hilarious what he's saying but just at how gullible he is. And I wasn't a big fan of the character Kelly, the fast-talking girl who blabs on and on. While the actor nails that type of character, it's still an annoying persona to have.But arguably everyone's favorite aspect of the show is the should-be The King of Queens dvd series 1-9 relationship between Jim and Pam. One thing that always bugged me in TV romances was it's almost like you have 2 attractive leads and that should be reason enough to Star Trek The Original the complete 1-3 season get them together. But these 2 get along so well and know how to entertain the other that you wonder why they didn't hook up earlier (her fiance is Roy, an office worker in shipping who can say, with absolute serious "toss the ball DeadWood collection 1-3 set my way or you're sleeping in the car" when she's the starter of Everybody Loves Raymond 1-9 box set collection a basketball game). In many ways they remind me of Mulder and Scully of the X-Files who originally started out as partners/friends who would do anything for the other and became lovers later.While it's got some flaws (it feels too short), it's still a case of a comedy show that doesn't need over-the-top comedic situations to get a laugh.
This DVD, though only 6 episodes, is completely worth it, loaded with deleted scenes and commentary, this will keep you occupied. The popularity of this show didn't truly pick up until Carrells acting career propelled with 40 Year Old Virgin, which was right after the first season. People started to catch on to it and has gotten a much bigger following ever since. The first season is definitely great, a little slow to start (but that's expected since they have to introduce the characters to the audience) adjusting to the style and comedy of the show (no laugh tracks, ackward silences) and the show has vastly improved in its 2nd season. Every single supporting character on the show is incredibly well done. I've really come to love all the characters on the show and is funny because you can pick people at your office that match the characters perfectly (at least i can anyways).A lot of people need some time adjusting to Carrells character because he is a jerk, idiotic, obnoxious, and definitely not PC. It's a whole lot to take in for most cheap Gilmore Girls dvds people, but I love how extreme the character is, and I'm a jerk my self so it all works out, even so, you still can't help but Smallville boxset series 1-9 love him. My favorite character (who very Angel set series often steals the spotlight from carrell) is Dwight Schrute. Everytime he's in a scene i'm laughing. The little things he say have me crying. I loved the episode in the 2nd season where he thinks it's friday but it's actually thursday, and Jim and Pam are egging him on to believe it's friday, and they bring up the apprentice and asks who got fired, and they ask him "you didn't see Angel season 1-5 dvds it?" he says "NO! I was out getting drunk with my laser tag Nip Tuck complete dvd collection team!" When I was in high school I worked at an arcade that had laser tag, and teams with nothing but dwight schrutes would come in, that hit the spot right there. You have to love Pam, the conservatively dressed but still sexy receptionist is always playfull flirting with Jim, and assisting him with pranks on Dwight. I am convinced they won't hook up until the very last episode of the series, which is probably better that way. Anyways, with the smash success of the 2nd season (still in progress) that has me in high Chuck dvd 1-3 complete anticipation of the dvd release, I can't wait for a 3rd season, as the show keeps evolving and becoming funnier with every episode. I haven't watched a sitcom in years, and this will be the only one I watch until they *gulp* cancel it.
I find it interesting that so many people think the BBC version is funnier. It's rather hard to root for a copy over the original, but I South Park 1-13 collection season think this American version really is better done. The BBC version really is the David Brent show, with the other characters not getting much focus or development. This version actually has other characters you're interested in and sympathetic with. The humor is both more subtle and less focused on crude sex jokes than the british version.
I absolutely love this show!!! This is the first tv show where I can watch the episodes over & over again & still laugh out loud. I will be so upset if they cancel this show. This is also the first TV show I have ever bought on DVD. All the characters are great & the actors are Lost collection series 1-6 perfect for who they portray. Great job NBC!!

tinalovedvd

Back to top Go down