Lost Dignity Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Funniest Show On TV

Go down

The Funniest Show On TV Empty The Funniest Show On TV

Post  tinalovedvd Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:56 pm

The Office is the funniest show I have ever seen. It has a great cast, with Steve Carell (my new favorite actor) as Michael Scott, the boss. Heroes 1-4 collection The supporting cast is also really great. My favorite characters besides Michael are Phyllis, Stanley, and Kevin. Season One was great, and season 2 gets better and better. I've watched each season one episode at least 10 times! If you have never seen the show, I highly recommend that you buy season one to see how great the show is. The format of the show is just so great, with no laugh track. I also love the dry humor that they all use. Every time I watch The Office, I can't stop laughing!
A great show, but odd when you first begin watching it. It takes a little getting used The Simpsons complete set 1-21 to because it's so strangely funny. Very good and addicting once you get into it. Based on the British show, So Funny!
First off, lets get this out of the way. The British and US versions of The Nip Tuck 1-6 box set seasons Office are two different shows. As obvious as that statement seems, Medium 1-6 complete season many critics of the show don't seem to grasp this simple concept. Steve Carrel does a great job at making this character his own. Thankfully he doesn't try to rehash Rick Gervais' portrayal (as briliant as it was). Fans of the British version's subtle wit may be disappointed, as NBC's version which, by the way, was directed by Greg Daniels, (The Simpsons, King of The Hill) takes more of an off-the-wall look at office life in a mockumentary meets reality show blend. The characters of Michael and Dwight are so perfectly obnoxious, that one can't help but relish in their personal failures. The rest of the cast could be found in any office across the country and their life-like reactions to Steve Carrel make for some intensely hilarious awkward moments. The uncomfortable pauses and stolen glances at the camera are also Highlights. In closing, if you want to see a British comedy, buy it on DVD or Heroes 1-4 series season watch it on BBC. If you want to watch an impressively written exaggeration of the complexities of American office culture, buy season one of The Office, and watch for season two. I know I will.
For the Sons of Anarchy 1-2 set past few years, I considered the TV series "Family Guy" to be the funniest show on the tube for its ability to poke fun at anything and everything. Yet, more than likely due to the rather sick mind of creator Seth McFarlane, that show tends to beat you over the head (sometimes again and again and again) with 24 hours collection boxset its jokes in rather crude fashion. It can be hilarious, don't get me wrong, but a show The Simpsons 1-21 collection complete like that can only stay fresh for so long without having to up the "shock ante" with every episode.Just recently, though, I discovered "The Office" while utilizing a free trial of Netflix and was blown away by the subtleness of the humor that abounds in each and every episode. I had watched bits and pieces of certain episodes in the past, but beginning to watch them in broadcast order really helped me put the pieces together and enjoy every second of each 20-minute episode.Basically, the show is set at the Dunder-Mifflin paper company in Scranton, PA, where a very diverse group of office workers work the 9-5 cubicle life under the "direction" of Michael Scott (played by Steve Carell). It's very much like a toned-down, more realistically-funny version of the feature film "Office Space". But here's the catch: Michael is, by and large, a complete idiot, and thus the office functions accordingly.In this first season (only six episodes long, likely due to its "trial run" status in the U.S. to see if it could duplicate the success of its United Kingdom namesake show), all the building blocks of the show are put in place in terms of character development, relationships, and humor. Really, there are three reasons why the show (right from this very first season) resonated so much with American audiences:First, is the notion that all the characters are so relatable to potential real-life situations. Everyone can relate to the idiot boss (Michael), the office suck-up (Dwight), the "normal" or "cool" ones (Jim and Pam), the pervert (Kevin) and the tightly-wound frosty woman (Angela), to name just a few. While those characters are of course amped up a bit from what a real office feels like, there still exists that sense that you yourself could just as easily be in the same situation they are.Another reason this show is so successful is the focus on the characters of Jim and Pam. Both are acted extraordinarily by John purchase Supernatural Krasinski and Jenna Fischer and are truly the heart and soul of the show. Audiences can easily relate to the romantic tension and silly pranks between the two because of what could be called a "normalcy Breaking Bad season 1-3 collection complex": they are the two most normal, fun characters on the CSI:NY boxset 1-6 seasons show, and thus the audience roots for them due to the fact that they represent what we want to be at work. Your heart will break as they both struggle to figure out a relationship that seems destined to be, but at the same time you will also laugh along with them as they pull their silly pranks on various office personnel.Finally, though, what truly sets this show apart from any other comedy series I have previously seen is the fact that storylines are progressed from episode to episode. Unlike some half-hour comedies (like Family Guy) where, CSI:NY seasons 1-6 dvdset by and large, the slate is pretty much wiped clean after every episode, "The Office" instead builds on Gossip Girl dvd 1-3 certain plot and character threads to create continuity. Thus, the characters actually grow and learn on screen in front of you, so to speak, and don't just stagnate repeating the same old jokes or gags.Thus, I would pretty much recommend this show to anybody who has ever held a job (not too limiting, huh?!), as you will be able to instantly relate to the kind of antics that transpire.
One of the best TV comedy shows ever, next to friends. First season is short and not as funny as the later seasons.
Each season of the Office gets better and better but it is great to look back and be reminded of where each character came from. Season One, like all Seasons, is great!
Ok, just kidding on that subject! Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles seasons 1-2 dvd This series is hilarious and one of the things that makes it so is that it's so true to real life, at least for me. If you've ever spent time in the "Dilbert Cube" or a dead-end job, you should get a kick out of this. The writing is excellent as is the mostly unknown cast.I also recommend the UK version of this series.
Though there have been much better seasons since this one, you have to start somewhere. Easily the best show on television and worth your $19.99. :-)
Remaking movies is bad Robin Hood collection 1-3 box set enough, but remaking TV shows is even worse -- when that happens, there's ninety-nine atrocious shows for one good one. But "The Office" is that one in a hundred that's good. Scratch that -- it's that one in a million that is AS GOOD as the Ricky Gervais series it sprang from, while still having its own unique flavour. "The Office - Season One" brings us the too-short-yet sweet first season of this show, full of outrageous corporate disasters filmed in a mockumentary style. It's absolutely sidesplitting. The action takes place at the Scranton branch of Dunder Mifflin (a paper corporation), presided over by Michael Scott (Steve Carell), a wannabe comic who claims to be a pal to all the people under him, despite driving them all up the wall. There's also the "fascist nerd" Dwight Schrute (Rainn Wilson), bored everyman Jim Halpert (John Krasinski), and the beautiful secretary Pam Beesly (Jenna Fischer), whom Jim hopelessly longs for. Michael is ordered to do some Seinfeld 1-9 boxset collection downsizing, which he spends the whole season trying to avoid. In the meantime, Jim and Pam spend a great deal of time mocking the rigid Dwight, even starting an Nikita 1-5 boxset seasons "alliance" with him, Survivor-style. And the Scranton employees are faced with a disastrous basketball game, Michael's version of a diversity seminar, a sexy purse salesgirl, and (most horribly) a Dwight-planned Frasier seasons 1-11 series health care package. He is the lion. Run!Don't expect a typical sitcom in "The Office." No laughtracks. No punch lines. No gag humor... well, okay there's some. And few How I Met Your Mother box set 1-5 complete episodes have a clear-cut ending. Instead, we have the format seen in "This is Spinal Tap" and the Christopher Guest mockumentaries -- hidden cameras watching the madness. And what those cameras see is enough to make the world's cubicle-dwellers cry, because it's all so familiar... yet so twisted. The first season (which is rather short at only six episodes) is also heavily flavoured with the British series' humour, right down to the stapler-in-Jell-O joke. But most of the humor belongs to this show alone -- loads of pranks buy Mad Men on dvd from Jim and Pam ("That's spontaneous dental hydroplosion"), horrendously awkward problems (Michael tries to be "funny" at an aging employee's birthday party) and intertwined storylines about office romance and conflict. But the best part is the dialogue -- deadpan, unspeakably funny dialogue, on any topic ("How do you know that they're fake?" "Leprosy? Flesh-eating bacteria? Hot dog fingers? Government created killer nano robot infection?"). Steve Carell has some big shoes to fill, but his earnestly manic, unconsciously offensive Michael Scott makes a brilliant boss that you would sell a Grey's Anatomy 1-6 complete seasons kidney to avoid working under. Wilson is equally brilliant as the totally bizarre dork Dwight ("Through concentration, I can raise and lower my cholesterol at will"), while Krasinski and Fischer are quite likable as the mischievous everyman and his soul-mate (who is unhappily engaged to another man). More subtle and yet goofier than just about any other American sitcom, "The Office" translates British humour into a great post-mockumentary comedy. Funny, witty, and horrifyingly true to life, the first season is a short, sweet experience.
I had seen a couple of the episodes before, but they didn't even come buy The Simpsons cheap close to the pee my pants funnyness of this!!!
This season, like all the seasons of The Office is hilarious. The Office is a totally fresh and different comedy. However the first season is only 6 episodes, yet is still close to the same price as the other full season DVDs.
Unlike some, I prefer the American version of the office. Steve Carrel makes Michael Scott a crazy, flawed, obnoxious character, yet one that you can completely relate to. The rest of the cast create quality comedy that is unlike anything else on TV. If you haven't seen it yet, then go watch it right now.
I should say that I have not yet seen the British version on which this was based. I'd heard good things about this series with Ghost Whisperer seasons 1-5 cheap Steve Carell, so I rented it recently and enjoyed it. It's funny that there have probably been a bunch of sitcoms in the past with an office setting, but few really take off and succeed like this.I love the documentary aspect of the show, making the viewer feel like a fly on the wall from time to time. The characters are amusing if slightly cliche. The boss Michael is basically every obnoxious idiot you've met who is a complete social cripple and a dunderhead who keeps digging his own grave whenever he opens his mouth to speak before thinking. He is rude, stupid, and offensive, but he thinks he is witty, funny, and cool... and that people like him. Totally deluded. Carell is terrific in this role. Half the time he seems to be improvising. He makes you loathe Michael and yet almost feel pity for him. It must be a fun part to play, like a pompous Battlestar Galactica complete dvd 1-4 villain who constantly blunders.My other favorite character, Dwight Shrute, reminds me of a mix between Daffy Duck and a school safety monitor... and a Trekkie. Dwight skulks, sneaks, and schemes. He is another clueless character. He thrives on any shred of power he can get, and does the most absurd things (even attempting to forbid the women from using their bathroom when it's discovered that someone wrote an insult about the boss on the wall). The series Prison Break set collection succeeds in several aspects (writing, acting, direction) even though the setting is claustrophobic and bleak... like many people's workplaces. I like sitcoms like this, without the studio laughter thundering behind it (that's part of the appeal of Arrested Development, Malcolm in the Middle, and The Simpsons).If I found one major flaw in "The Office", it was instantly recognizing the "Will they or won't they" potential romance between Pam and Jim. Hasn't that been done about two hundred Sanctuary series box set times on a sitcom before? Yes, I guess I'm being picky. But a little of that goes a very long way: 'Poor Jim... he's so in love.' Hopefully they will get those two together rapidly or dissolve the attraction somehow. I prefer the dynamic between the boss and the staff. So, if you're undecided about this series, give it a try. It's fun. Every office should be this hilarious.
My then 17 year old son said I had to watch this, I did. I hated it, found it almost painful to sit through. When he begged to give it one more chance I so wanted to say no, but he is pretty cute. By the end of episode 2 I was hooked and hooked hard. There is something brilliant in each of these mostly unlikable characters. You cringe, you shake your head, but you laugh. There is so much over the top about these people, even the kindness of some of them seem so raw and vulnerable, yet funny. How do they do it? You can't help love them, hate them, root for them and be curious about them all---you just always have to see what's next and it's been a very long time since I felt that way about a TV show.
The Office, Season One is terrific. Don't be expecting a full on season though... the first season was only 6 episodes. Very, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia seasons for sale very funny though!
Awesome show. Love the product. Six episodes should NOT cost this much. But it's good to have it.
I'm a big fan of the cheap Criminal Minds series British version. I also think Steve Carell is a genius. These guys pulled it off. It's somehow the same, but very original. Funny.
For any one who enjoys real, biting, and intelligent humor, this is a must watch show. The first season is only 6 episodes, but once you watch this season, you will be hooked forever. Not only does the show present the wittiest humor on television, but there are also significant plot lines to follow as the season develops. My wife, at first, enjoyed the romantic sub-plot between Pam and Jim, and now she is as hooked on the show Nikita season complete 1-5 as I am.Whether you enjoy sarcastic, sardonic humor or just great television, this DVD and indeed the entire Office Series is a must The Tudors dvd season 1-4 buy.
Because I LOVE this series. It has a perfect blend of work and non-work related issues. Most series today aren't attractive because they focus too much on heavy or pointless things. Okay, so this series is basically about pointless things but the way it's written will have you laughing so hard! I usually don't enjoy stupid nonsensical humor (i.e. borat, scary movie, etc) but this is a great show and I don't have to worry about plots who's prime focus is "who is having sex with whom this week?" (i.e. "gossip girl") but Merlin boxset 1-2 series is a brilliant intermingling of mood uplifting humor and situations in the workplace that many go through (i.e. weird or annoying co-workers for one) or can relate to. I get tired of shows like sex and the city or gossip girl or desperate housewives. I want something that will actually make me feel better about myself at the end.

tinalovedvd

Back to top Go down